Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Booklaunch Party!

Not for me. Mine isn't until June. You're all invited.

You're also invited to my friend Melanie Lynne Hauser's Booklaunch Party, for the debut of her second novel, Super Mom Saves the World.

It's a chick lit novel, mixed with super heroes and villains. Think Spiderman, if he were a single suburban soccer mom.

I like her books, and like her, and not just because she's having free beer at the party.

If you're in the Chicagoland area on March 7 at 7:00pm, come by and say hello. It's taking place in Glen Ellyn, IL, at The Bookstore. If you can't make it, call them and order a signed book over the phone.

I'll be there. So it's a good place to corner me and ask, "Joe, what's up with the blog lately? Are you on vacation?"

Uh, no. I'm writing back-to-back novels, which isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

I just finished a stand alone horror novel, and now I'm working on Jack Daniels #5 (The book, funny guy. Not the drink.)

So it's been nonstop writing, stopping only to blurb a few friends, do a few speaking events, and occasionally shower. There hasn't been much time for blogging lately.

In April, The Newbie's Guide will resume multiple posts per week.

In the meantime, if you have anything to gripe about, Vent Club is open.

Hope to see some of you at Mel's party. You can also catch me in Homewood, IL on the 18th---I'm doing a library with Marcus Sakey. And in April, I'll be at Sleuthfest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just posted on my blog about the party - complete with photos, including one of you, Joe, that makes you look quite mad. I really think you should use this for your next author photo!

www.melanielynnehauser.com/wordpress/

It was great to see you, and don't forget dinner, next Friday night!

Stacey Cochran said...

Melanie's book launch sounds like fun.

I noticed she's using Meetup.com to help get the word out about the event.

This is a perfect opportunity for me to talk about how potentially helpful Meetup.com could be for writers.

I've started using multiple accounts (Raleigh, Richmond, Charlotte, Greensboro, Wilmington) to organize Writers Groups in a number of cities.

The Charlotte Group is nearly 30 members strong in just under two months on Meetup.com. My plan is to continue to spread out throughout the southeast and eastern seaboard.

If any published authors would like to speak at one of these writers groups, I would love to have you. I can guarantee you an audience of 30 newbie writers to hear your presentation.

I book the events in libraries, and I hope to add Roanoke, Virginia Beach, Columbia (SC) in the next few months.

I pay all expenses.

If you're interested in touring on this circuit to speak about your books, contact me through my website.

Stacey