Monday, April 10, 2006

Barry Eisler Naked!

Besides being a lawyer, a former CIA agent, and a great thriller writer, Barry Eisler is one of the most infuriatingly opinionated people I know.

What's so infuriating about his opinions is that he backs them up with a great deal of knowledge and logic, so it's nearly impossible to win an argument with him.

Want to try? Barry's brand new blog, The Heart of the Matter, focuses on politics and language, and the art and science behind both. Check it out for a refreshing change of pace from all the writers out there blogging about how hard publishing is.

Barry says: If you're interested in politics, language, and what's going on in the world, as I am, I hope you'll enjoy reading and participating in discussions on my new blog, The Heart of the Matter.

The first post, "France in Denial," about French labor laws and street protests (some of which I saw there last week while I was promoting the Rain books) is up on HOTM now; you can find it at: http://www.barryeisler.com/blog.html

Stop by and say hello and I hope you'll come back often.

Joe says: Spread the word. Barry's one of the good guys.

6 comments:

JA Konrath said...

Barry has an internal censor. I don't.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...Barry Eisler...

He can put his bookmark in my novel anytime.

Anonymous said...

Barry Eisler...

The only reason why they should do a "Men of Bouchercon" Calendar.

Well, maybe Lee Child too...

Anonymous said...

Joe, thanks for the kind words and for the intro to my blog. Mark, I had the same reaction... "Joe's calling me opinionated?!" Well, we have had some fun arguments, I will say that. But Joe's ribbing aside, the point for me isn't to try to "win" the argument, but rather to try to get to its essence. I hope that's what HOTM will be all about.

Anonymous, you are worrying me!

:-)
Barry

Jude Hardin said...

What a great idea. Author calendars!

For the men we could have Thomas Harris, Robert B. Parker, Lawrence Block, JA Konrath, Jude Hardin...

For the women, Tess Gerritsen, Twist Phelan, Martha O'Conner...

Maybe we better stick with the women.

I bet it would be a great seller at the cons!

I need to shut up now and start making some phone calls...

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Thanks for the link...I love it!